For mothers that love to let their dear children express their creativity on paper, but not on their clothes, this smock, more than an apron, completely covers the upper body.
4 pieces of cloth, some bias tape, some elastic, and a little bit of stitching later, and you'll have this little artist's smock to personalize according to your tastes.
Your budding Picasso will be thrilled!Level: Intermediate
Creation time: 1h
- Bias tape
- Assorted sewing thread
Pattern for a 3- or 4-year-old (U.S. size 5)
- Cut out the above pattern, twice for the sleeves and once for the body.
- With right sides facing each other, sew the sleeves to the body, in the raglan style, between points A and B.
- With right sides facing each other, sew the sleeves together between points B and C, and then the body, between B and D. Turn it over.
- Position and then sew the bias tape at the neckline, at the bottom of the body and at the cuffs, allowing for a little overlap.
- Pass the elastic through the bias tape at the collar and the cuffs and tie the ends.
- Finish the seams.
Source: Et moi alors dans tout ça !