A little late in the season but oh-so-adorable:
A little hen for Easter? Of course, but this one comes shaped as a little sachet that will fit in perfectly with a basket full of Easter candy!
- Scraps of fabric
- Scraps of red and yellow felt
- Stuffing (wadding, rice, or lavender)
- Embroidery thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Cut a square of fabric measuring 8 x 16 cm (3-1/8 x 6-1/4 inches).
- 2 squares of yellow felt measuring 1 x 1 cm (3/8 x 3/8 inches).
- 2 shapes of red felt as shown in the photo below.
- Fold the 2 squares of yellow felt diagonally.
- Place the bits of felt on the right side of the fabric as shown in the photo below and baste 1 cm (3/8 inch) from the edge.
- Fold the cloth in half and sew the 2 sides closed where the felt pieces are.
- Turn it right side out.
- Fill it with stuffing.
- Pin up the last side in order to form a nearly pyramidal shape (see picture) and sew it shut.
- Embroider the 2 eyes with a French knot stitch, for example.
Source: Et moi alors dans tout ça !