Rolled candles are made with sheets of beeswax. Making them is simple and has surprisingly good results. Accessible even to children, these pretty candles have an incomparable scent.
- Sheets of beeswax
- Hair dryer
- Utility knife
- Soften the sheet of beeswax with a hair dryer until it is flexible.
- Put a candle wick along the length of the sheet. The wick must extend beyond the wax by about 2 cm (3/4 inch).
- Push lightly along the length of the wick to press it into the wax. The wick doesn't need to be stiffened beforehand.
- Roll the beeswax sheet tightly and make sure that the wick is firmly in place.
- Use your thumb to blend in the visible edge of the beeswax sheet.
- Coat the tip of the wick with a little beeswax to stiffen it.