These are some super simple flowers to add to your scrapbooking repertoire. They'll work with other projects, too, like framing or jewelry and can be customized with ribbons or beads.
- Stiff paper
- Utility knife
- Cutting board
For all flowers
- Place the template on the back of the paper.
- Trace the outline and cut it out.
- Mark the lines of the folds in pencil.
- Download and print the rose template. It measures about 7.5 x 7.5 cm (2-7/8 x 2-7/8 inches).
- Fold along the drawn line, in both directions, and flatten.
- Repeat this process for each petal.
- Working clockwise, refold 2 petals toward the middle and fit the notches together.
- Fold the 3rd petal and fit it in under the 1st petal.
- Do the same thing for the last petal.
- Download the template for the buttercup. It measures about 5.5 x 5.5 cm (2-3/16 x 2-3/16 inches).
- Working clockwise, fold the 1st 4 petals toward the middle, overlapping them.
- When you fold the 5th and 6th petals, slide them under the 1st.
Flower with 4 petals
- Download and print the template for the flower with 4 petals. It measures about 6.5 x 6.5 (2-9/16 x 2-9/16 inches).
- Fold each petal along the line in its center, then unfold it.
- Working clockwise, fold the petals toward the middle of the flower, overlapping them.
- When you fold the 3rd and 4th petals, slide them under the 1st.
- Try each design on plain paper first to make sure you've got the folding technique down, then do it on the real paper for your project.