These felt cupcakes are too cute to eat! They’re great for children or the young at heart. Made from felt according to the instructions of Tim at Fantastic Toys, these cuddly cupcakes are the perfect way to add some fat-free fun to your life. There’s even a downloadable invitation to invite your friends to a cupcake-making party!
- Felt, 2 colors (1 for base, 1 for cake)
- Multi-purpose glue
- Matching thread
- Embroidery floss
- Paper (to print pattern on)
- Ribbon or other decorations (optional)
- Computer printer (optional)
- Download and print the cupcake pattern.
- Cut out pattern in felt:
- 1 time cup base
- 2 times cake
- 1 time baking cup
NB: Make sure to cut this on the fold of your felt!
- Use a backstitch to sew the 2 cake pieces together, right sides together, leaving flat bottom side open.
- Turn right side out.
- Gather opening of cake piece with a gathering stitch.
- Stuff cake piece with stuffing.
- Pull gathering stitch closed and knot securely.
- Sew baking cup ends together, forming a circle.
- Pin and sew cup base to baking cup.
- Pin and sew baking cup to cake.
- Glue on eyes and embroider mouth.
- Decorate cupcake as desired.
Source: Fantastic Toys