This pompon tassel can be made with any material that can be wound and knotted: strips of fabric, plastic, yarn, etc.
Creation time: 5 mn
- Mercerized cotton
- Sewing scissors
- Yardstick or ruler
- Wrap the mercerized cotton around your hand.
- When you have the desired thickness for the tassel, cut it.
- Cut about 1 m (40 inches) of thread and knot it, forming a loop of about 20 cm (7-7/8 inches).
- Pass the loop through the inside of the rolled thread.
- Pass the top of the loop through itself to knot the little ball.
- Pull the top of the loop to tighten the knot.
- Take the 2 hanging thread ends and wrap them tightly around the top of the little ball.
- When only 7 or 8 cm (2-3/4 or 3-1/8 inches) remain, make a knot by passing the threads under the last loop of the spiral several times.
- Cut the bottom of the ball to form strands and trim to make them even.