With summer coming, skirts are a great way to take advantage of the warm weather. This tutorial gives instructions on how to turn an old pair of jeans into a miniskirt, so you're not only getting a fashionable new piece of clothing: you're recycling and helping to save the environment, too!
Ever wondered how to convert your old jeans into a miniskirt? Follow Beautiful Poulette's instructions to have a fashionable new skirt in no time.
Creation time: 2h
- Pair of jeans
- Contrasting sewing thread (or matching tones)
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Unpick the jeans' inseam stitching.
- Cut the jeans to a length of 37 cm (14.5 inches) in the front and 43 cm (17 inches) in the back.
- Make a 1-cm (0.33-inch) cut where the two inseams meet and use the sewing machine to stitch along the inseam, 0.5 cm (0.25 inches) from the edge.
- Cut an 21 cm (8.25-inch) triangle from the leftover material.
- Put the triangle between the two layers of the skirt, under the opening, and pin it in place.
- Sew the triangle to the front of the jeans, following the previous stitching.
- Draw together the two legs of the jeans and overlap them slightly, so that only a small notch remains open at the bottom.
- Stitch a border 0.5 cm (0.25 inches) from the edge, as with the front.
- Finish the skirt with a 0.5-cm (0.25-inch) hem around the bottom.
- Highlight any visible seams (e.g. on the pockets) with more of the same contrasting-color thread.
Source : Beautiful Poulette:laura: