Does it belong inside or outside? Bring some nature into your life with this zen decorating idea: 7 bamboo stalks cut at varying heights and held together with raffia strands. Plant a cactus or 2 inside and watch them grow.
- 1 large bamboo stalk, about 6 cm (2-1/4 inches) in diameter
- Thin cord such as string or raffia
- 1 handsaw
- Cut the bamboo in sections, making sure that each section has a knot at its bottom to serve as a base. Plan for 7 sections total with measurements of 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 23, and 25 cm (5-1/4, 6, 6-3/4, 7-1/2, 8-1/4, 9, and 9-3/4 inches) each.
- Arrange the pieces with the tallest in the center and the six others circling around it, descending like stairs as in the example.
- Tie the bamboo pieces together firmly.
- Choose a stable base on which to present your creation.
- Fill the bamboo with soil, press it down, then plant your cacti.
Source: Et moi alors dans tout ça !