"Froufrou et capucine" ("Froufrou and Nasturtiums") shows us how to make a hanging fabric star, an easy project that can be made with any style of fabric to fit any season or home decorating mood that strikes.
Creation time: 20 mn
- Tracing or tissue paper for the pattern
- 30 x 30 cm (11-13/16 x 11-13/16 inches) of 3 different fabrics
- 1 ribbon
- 1 button
- Matching sewing thread
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Paper pencil
- Download the pattern for the points of the star.
- Cut out the template in 3 fabrics 5 times, yielding 5 pieces.
- Sew 4 pieces together in sets of 2.
- Iron to flatten the seams.
- Sew the 2 sets of 2 and the 1 remaining piece together at the center point.
- To finish the star's shape, sew together the 2 remaining edges.
- Lay out the star shape on another fabric, right sides together, with the ribbon, folded in half, between the 2, coming out at the highest point.
- Sew at 0.5 cm (3/16 inch) from the border, leaving a small opening for turning the star right side out.
- Turn the star right side out and fill it with wadding.
- Close the star with some small hand stitches.
- Final touch: add a small button on each side at the center of the star, sewn on tightly.