This scarf is knitted in the wavy "feather and fan" stitch. With its delicate dentelle effect, it can be worn all year long.
Creation time: varies according to length
- Knitting needles (size based on yarn weight)
Stitch used: Feather and Fan
- CO 38 sts.
- Row 1: knit.
- Row 2: purl.
- Row 3: K1, (K2tog) x 3, (K, YO) x 6, (K2tog) x 6, (K1, YO) x 6, (K2tog) x 3, K1.
- Row 4: purl.
- Repeat rows 1-4 until scarf reaches desired length.
- Bind off.
- Use 4.0 mm (U.S. size 6) needles for a softer knit.
- To increase the dentelle effect, use thick knitting needles with very thin yarn.
Source: "L'ïle aux fils" ("The Isle of Yarns")