This soft scarf, worked with an open stitch pattern that brings to mind the delicacy of a lily of the valley, makes a great lightweight addition to a winter coat.
Creation time: 1/2 day
- 2 skeins yarn (like Bamboulène du Cheval Blanc, 50% bamboo, 50% wool)
NB: 50 gr (2 oz.) yields about 110 m (361 ft)
- Knitting needles, 4.5 mm (U.S. size 7)
- Yarn needle
- Dim IG: slip 2 sts knit-wise on the right needle, then pick those 2 sts with the left needle from left to right and knit them together
- CO 40 sts.
- Row 1 and 3: Purl.
- Row 2: K3, * YO, K2tog, 1 dim IG, K2tog, K2, YO, K1 *. Repeat from * to *, K2.
- Row 4: K2, * YO, K2, 1 dim IG, K2tog, K2, YO, K1 *. Repeat from * to *, K3.
- O: YO
- X: P2tog
- K2 tog, YO, chart 2 times, YO, SSK.
- Purl all even rows.
- Work until the end of 1 skein. BO.
- Do the same with your 2nd skein of yarn.
- Sew BO ends together.
Source: "Les fils de Béa" ("Béa's Yarns")