Simple to make and very useful, this super simple apron will keep clothes clean while doing chores and making projects of any sort. Thanks to "Miss Freddie" for sharing this tutorial!
- Fabric rectangle, 43 x 53 cm (16-15/16 x 20-7/8 inches)
- Fabric strip, 5 cm (2 inches) wide and long enough to circle waist and then tie in a bow
- Bias tape, 139 cm (54-3/4 inches)
- Embellishments (optional)
- Sew bias tape to fabric rectangle on both sides and bottom.
NB: Bottom corners can be rounded, if desired, before this step.
- Fold fabric strip in half lengthwise. Each half will measure 2.5 cm (1 inch).
- Fold under the outside edge of each half by 0.5 cm (3/16 inch).
- Make the same fold at each end of the strip.
- Iron the fabric strip to mark the folds.
- Hem along the 3 open sides of the strip.
- Center the strip on the side of the rectangle without bias tape.
- Sew in place.
- Decorate as desired.
Source: "Miss Freddie"