These maracas are made from leftover yogurt containers. Here is a simple (and inexpensive) idea to keep children busy and add some rhythm to any child's birthday celebration.
- Colored yogurt containers (2 per maraca)
- Pebbles, rice, lentils, beads, or small bells
- Colored ribbon (about 20 cm/8 inches)
- Strong glue
- Big needle
- Wash the yogurt containers.
- Round the pointed corners on the lid.
- Place some pebbles (rice, lentils, beads, or little bells to vary the sound) inside the first container.
- Pierce a hole in the bottom of the second container with the help of a needle. Fold the ribbon in half and pass it through the hole, fold-side-first. Hold the ribbon in place by tying a knot at the fold inside the container.
- Apply glue to the opening of both yogurt containers and fit them together.
- Keep them firmly pressed together throughout the entire drying time.
Source: Et moi alors dans tout ça !