Decorated apples are super-simple to make, on the condition that you have an apple tree and patience! It's the sun that ripens the apple and allows the design to appear as a negative.
Here, initials are used, but you can use any pattern.
- Apple tree with apples that are still green
- Opaque contact paper
- Cut some letters and/or patterns in the contact paper.
- Choose some good apples that are still hanging on the tree.
- Stick the contact paper designs on them.
- Wait several weeks until the apples are ready to be picked.
- Take off the contact paper: the designs are permanently imprinted on the apples.
- Wash the apples well to get rid of any traces of stickiness, especially if you are planning to eat them without peeling them!
Source: Et moi alors dans tout ça !
Based on an idea from the Manuel géant des castors juniors, published by a French organization similar to Scouting.