Honor your pint-sized princes and princesses with these fabric crowns. They will delight at any birthday party or game of dress up, and the children can even help to make them. Thanks to Megan at Brassy Apple for sharing this creative idea!
- Bias tape
- Rick rack
- Fabric scraps
- Embellishments (rhinestones, beads, etc.)
- Fusible fleece or heavy fusible interfacing
- Craft glue
- Basic sewing supplies
- Clothes iron
- Glue gun (optional)
- Design a pattern for the crown on a piece of paper and cut it out.
- Fuse fleece or interfacing to the wrong side of fabric.
NB: Using 2 layers will give a stiffer effect.
- Pin pattern to fused area and cut it out.
- Pin and sew bias tape along the bottom edge of the crown.
- Add embellishments with craft or hot glue.
- Pin the ends of the crown together with edges folded under for a finished look (see picture).
- Sew in place.
Source: Brassy Apple