This cute, colored pinwheel is great for playing outside whenever nice weather comes around. This DIY project requires very little material and is a fun task for kids (with a mother's help!).
Creation time: Less than 1h
- Plastic file dividers in different colors
- Colored straws
- Colored beads
- Wooden chopsticks or gardening stakes
- Small flat-headed studs
- Draw a square on a file divider and cut it out.
- Pierce the four corners and the middle and cut along the lines as indicated on the drawing below.
- Cut the straws into 1-cm (3/8-inch) pieces and slide them onto the chopsticks, alternating the colors as you do so.
- Paste glue onto the outer edges of the square.
- Form the pinwheel by folding the four corners one after the other toward the center.
- Put a stud with a bead on it through the center of the pinwheel.
- Follow this with a second bead on the opposite side.
- Gently hammer together to complete the pinwheel.
Source: "Et moi alors dans tout ça !" ("And me, too, in all that!")